Capturing your unique strengths and skills
Whether you’re highly experienced, looking for your first job or somewhere in between, Julie Jansen will write your resumé and LinkedIn profile so you are found by hiring managers and recruiters who want to interview you.
In today’s intensely competitive work environment, it’s tough to get noticed. Applying for jobs online is cold and impersonal. Before you ever see a face or hear a voice, you’re viewing company websites, job boards like Indeed, CareerBuilder, Simply Hired and dozens of others, or pursuing jobs posted by recruiters on LinkedIn. It’s time consuming and frustrating. You may hear back, but you often don’t, and it can take months before anything happens at all. What can you do to improve your odds of being noticed?
It all starts with having a strong, effective resumé, an equally strong profile on LinkedIn, and a creative outreach strategy for selling yourself so you stand out from the crowd.
After discussing your needs by phone and having you complete a comprehensive questionnaire, Julie provides ideas and strategic thinking – based on her knowledge of the job market, companies and industries – to help you sell yourself effectively and appeal to potential employers.
Julie suggests changes and rewrites your resumé to make it targeted, contemporary and professional. She also works with you to sharpen your LinkedIn profile to include key words and competencies that employers and recruiters are looking for. Additionally, she will draft or edit your cover letters and networking emails.
Resumé Writing FAQs
HOW DOES JULIE JANSEN'S RESUMÉ WRITING PROCESS WORK?
- You and Julie will have a free initial phone call or video consultation to explain her process for rewriting your resume.
- You'll send Julie a copy of your current resume.
- She will send you complimentary feedback about how to improve your resume, and fee information.
- If you decide to hire Julie, she will email you a questionnaire.
- You'll return the completed questionnaire and an actual job posting — something that appeals to you.
- Julie will get to work on a resumé rewrite right away.
- She will send the first draft of your revised resume in five to seven days.
- You'll review the first draft and provide Julie with feedback, comments and edits.
- Based on that feedback, Julie will send you your completed resume.
CAN I JUST HAVE MY RESUMÉ REVIEWED?
Yes. Julie will review your resumé and provide feedback at no charge.
DOES JULIE WRITE COVER LETTERS, BOARD RESUMÉS AND BIOS?
Yes, she writes all of these. Julie creates individual cover letters based on each specific job, as these should be customized for a particular position or company. Julie can also create a Board resumé or a one-page Bio.
DO JULIE’S SERVICES INCLUDE PRACTICE INTERVIEWS?
Yes! Julie works on job interview practices with clients all the time. She'll help you prepare for specific job opportunities. She does general-practice preparation to help you address the kinds of tough, specific questions that may be asked in an actual phone, video, or in-person interview.
HOW DOES JULIE CHARGE FOR HER SERVICES?
- Julie charges by the hour for her coaching services.
- She charges a flat fee for rewriting and revising a resumé. She also offers a complimentary resumé review (see above).
- Julie charges a flat fee for creating a LinkedIn profile.