Had enough of that dead-end job? Ready to stomp into the boss’s office and tell her where to file it?
Not so fast. If you storm out, the person you’re most likely to hurt is yourself.
Julie Jansen has the advice you need, which is exactly why she is the featured expert in Bankrate’s article “Quitting your job: 8 tips to avoid sabotaging yourself on your way out the door.” Here is a taste of what she told Bankrate:
- Do your homework: Know what packages and benefits are available before you give notice;
- Consider the economics and adjust your lifestyle costs if necessary;
- Negotiate for an extension of health coverage;
- Be prepared for an offer to make you stay and counter with more than seems realistic;
- Be graceful: These people will come back into your life down the road, don’t burn any bridges on your way out.
To read the complete article, click here