It’s been a long time!
I am excited to start a new chapter on my blog with the March 1st 2016 sale of the third edition of my book, I Don’t Know What I Want, But I Know It’s Not This: A step-by-step guide to finding gratifying work. Thank you Penguin! Here’s what is different in the workplace since my last book update.
- It is an employers’ market, meaning that job seekers are facing heavy competition and arduous interviewing processes.
- Nearly every company has at least one job opening, and most have dozens they are trying to fill.
- The expectations that job seekers have of employers are high. They want flexibility, constant recognition in terms of promotions, compensation and accountability, and to do work that matters.
- Social media is front and center as the number one vehicle for personal and professional networking, branding, packaging, and promoting.
- It is much more accepted by society for people to search for meaningful work, even if they move from job to job frequently.
See you next week!