Career Coaching FAQs
How can Julie help me to realize my career ambitions?
As an experienced career coach, Julie can quickly understand and appreciate your unique strengths, characteristics and challenges. This is quite difficult for most people to do for themselves. Julie will guide you through the job-search or career-change processes, identify skill gaps, and suggest activities and techniques to help you meet your goals and objectives. Additionally, she has an extensive network of contacts and connections which she is generous about sharing with her clients.
Does Julie work with executives only?
She works with Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer and Traditionalist senior leaders, managers and individual contributors, in every professional area. She is often hired by the parents of recent college grads to help them discover what they want to do. Julie has worked with individuals in practically every industry including consumer products, financial services, legal services, healthcare, technology, education, entertainment, media, professional services, fashion, beauty, non-profits and more.
What is the process of career coaching?
Typically, career coaching includes the following steps:
- Julie conducts a complimentary phone call or Skype meeting with you to learn a bit about your specific situation and the reasons you have reached out to her for career coaching.
- Julie will ask you to complete a written questionnaire and email your current resume, LinkedIn profile URL and any other personal marketing tools for her review and assessment.
- You and Julie will work together to create an action plan summarizing the activities you will work on together.
- Career coaching can consist of just one meeting, two to three sessions or more over any given period of time. Each person has different needs and strengths, so Julie provides career coaching one session at a time, rather than selling career-coaching packages of multiple, pre-determined sessions which can be costly and not necessarily effective.
- Julie can also rewrite your resume and LinkedIn profile, and draft cover letters for specific job opportunities at an additional fee.
How does Julie charge for her coaching services?
Julie charges an hourly rate for career coaching, and she accepts payment by check and PayPal, Venmo, as well as Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express.
What other job search services does Julie provide?
Every coaching client has different needs. Julie’s services span a wide spectrum of areas including:
- Dealing with the psychological impact of a job search or changing careers
- Understanding the channels of marketing in a job search
- Networking techniques
- LinkedIn tutorial
- Social media strategy
- How to research people, companies and jobs
- How to handle on-line applications
- Practice interviewing
- How to find and communicate with recruiters and search firms
- Negotiating compensation packages
- Enhancing your image
- How to change careers